Tuesday, June 1, 2010

randomness

-The weather in Chicago has quickly morphed from those cool spring days to the very hot sunny summer days leading Bekah and I back to our "discussions" about the air conditioner, but this year she has an ace in the deck so to speak as she points out that Titus is young and needs cool air. How do you argue against that when she holds up a cooing baby? Yea, I have got nothing against that.

-Chicago is buzzing with the Blackhawks in the NHL championship with t-shirts, flags, and signs everywhere with some of the Chicago landmarks dressed in Blackhawk gear such as a Michael Jordan statue with ice skates on. It is always amazing how fans seem to come out of everywhere once the team is doing well (except the Cubs).

-Speaking of Chicago, Bekah and I have at least one more year in Chicago as we have to decide where we are going to live after residency is over July 2011. Yes that is right, I finally need to get a job, but we see potential jobs in Chicago and other areas of the midwest.

-As an upcoming grad there are areas that need docs pretty bad meaning that they actively and sometimes aggressively are recruiting residents. After all of these years of being the one desiring to enter the different programs it is strange to be on the other side of the fence...which I think definitely has greener grass.

-I smashed my right big toenail playing basketball. You never realize how much you use your big toe until every movement hurts.

-My dad turned 60 last week and requested running shoes for his birthday as he plans to start jogging. My siblings and I pooled in together to buy him some quality shoes and I found it funny to see him excited for his brand new shoes reminding me of when he used to buy me shoes every summer before I started school...funny to see the shoe on the other foot (no pun intended).

-Titus is doing well, but he has the amazing ability to spit-up in ways that maximize exposure to my clothes. Oh yes, he will wait until I switch positions and before I can readjust the burp rag...I become one. Yesterday I put on a brand new shirt (maybe that was my mistake) to burp him, with a burp rag on my chest right in the middle of his mouth, and he lifted his head, turned to the side and let it roll right off the edge of the burp rag onto my shirt. That kid has talent, let me tell you.

-I need to get back to work...

1 comment: