Wednesday, January 20, 2010

bad CTA day

When the weather gets bad I tend to appreciate riding our public transportation, the CTA (Chicago Transit Association) as I still get to work the same time if it is sunny, raining, or snowing while several of my coworkers get stuck in traffic as their cars add more salt to the underside of their cars.
But today was a bad CTA day.
As I was transferring trains I was headed towards the stairs to go down to the subway on the right side of the stairs. In front of me was a large woman who was going down on the left side of the stairs who did not see or hear me behind her as at the last second she decided to grab the right railing cutting me off as I squeezed past her muttering an "excuse me". Turns out she was deaf and I really scared her, to which I felt bad for. Not only was she deaf, but she was also violent as she yelled out phrases I wasn't able to understand and hit me a couple times in the left shoulder thus surprising me in return. I found that I was not going to get anywhere trying to explain to her what happened and did not want to get hit anymore so I continued down the stairs as she continued to yell at me. Luckily I was able to quickly jump on the train in the subway escaping more of her verbal and physical assaults.
I really do feel bad that there is some woman out in Chicago who thinks that some young punk tried to take her out, so if you stumble across this blog please accept my apologies.

On the way home I realized once I entered the train that I only had my right glove knowing that I also had the left glove which is sitting all alone on a platform. And I really liked those gloves. What do you do with one right glove?

All in all, I did get to work and back, but hopefully tomorrow I keep all my gloves and avoid any contact.

No comments:

Post a Comment