Wednesday, March 3, 2010

other than Titus...

I have a feeling that most of my posts from here on out will somehow include Titus as I am amazed at the little guy and how amazing he is, which reflects how great God is. So other than Titus:
-I have started running again getting ready for a 1/2 marathon. A little sore, but it feels good to get out and breath fresh air as well as catch up with a bunch of podcasts that have been piling up over the winter.
-Besides the 1/2 marathon I signed up for the Chicago sprint triathlon. I feel fine with the running and biking part, but the swimming part is going to be quite an adjustment. Still because I do not know where I will be next August I figured this would be the best time to go for it.
-Speaking of next August...as I come to the end of my 3rd year of residency I am faced with the fact that I need to finally get a job as I am starting to look at my options for work. The good news is that there are plenty of openings, but that in someways is the bad news because there are so many openings it seems intimidating.
-For my birthday I received running stuff and an ESV Study Bible that I am excited to crack open and dig in.
-I have started reading James Herriot books again. He has to be one of the best authors.
-My employer gives me 4 weeks of for paternity leave. I am taking 2 now and will take the other 2 later. An "old-school" doctor told me that his wife had their baby early enough in the morning that he did not even get the morning off.
-While I do not want to be one of those guys who is always complaining about how horrible the weather is I am excited to see the snow melt as spring starts to break through.

So that is it...with another pic of Titus who was raising up his hands while swinging.

No comments:

Post a Comment