Monday, March 1, 2010

29





When I find out that people are having a birthday and they are at least 4 decades old I always joke with them by questioning if their upcoming birthday is is their 29th birthday. And it is not just me, I have heard other people use the magic age of 29 as well.
As if 29 means you are old enough, but not too old.
Here I sit, the day before my 29th birthday. I am soon to be 29 and will then be the recipient of the birthday jokes that I always told people.
While I am not looking forwards to 29 as I did when I was a 15 year old looking towards that magic 16th birthday and thinking that their parent's minivan was cool I feel like at this point 29 is really no different than 30 and then on.
It seems that every age has their pluses and minuses up until you are so old that you can't remember the difference. So to the soon to be 30's, bring it on. The 20's were good, why can't the soon to be 30's be even better?

Yesterday is a wrinkle on your forehead
Yesterday is a promise that you've broken
Don't close your eyes, don't close your eyes
This is your life and today is all you've got now
Yeah, and today is all you'll ever have
Don't close your eyes
Yesterday is a kid in the corner
Yesterday is dead and over
This is your life, are you who you want to be?
This is your life, is it everything you dreamed that it would be?
When the world was younger and you had everything to lose
~Switchfoot

Oh yea, enjoy some pics of Titus.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Aaron!! Yay! I was the first to wish you a happy birthday on here! I was just looking at my calender and saw your birthday on it and thought I wanted to let you know I remembered...which is quite a fete considering I am so terribly forgetful about these sort of things! Love you and hope you have a great day!

    And Titus looks so cute in all those pictures! I especially like the carseat picture...they always look so teensy in that thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of Titus in the car seat is AWESOME. The best baby-in-a-car-seat photo I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bekah is looking sensational, like it was no problem at all to deliver a baby. :) Cindy

    ReplyDelete