Monday, March 22, 2010

sides

I am simply amazed at the whole health care issue, as a doc I tried to keep up with what the new health care reform actually means, but I became confused at about day 5 as more and more things were tweaked, added, erased, and morphed. But now it has been passed...and the reactions (on both sides) are amazing.
On one side people are freaking out that Obama is the antiChrist and that this is the end of America as we know it.
On the other side people are rejoicing as if Obama was Jesus and this is just the beginning of a new America as we know it.
And each side demands that you not only disagree but disdain the other as (at best) crazy or (at worst) evil.
Who is right (or should I say correct) and who is wrong?
How about both are right and both are wrong?
How about the fact that each one of us have parts of ourselves that are right and wrong?
Why is it that we have all forgotten the lessons in Kindergarten to get along and take your turn on the merry-go-round?
I'm not saying that we all have to agree, but can't this country at least be respectful?

2 comments:

  1. Hmm...before I give too much credence to your thoughts, I need to know: Which side of the healthcare debate are you on?

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the "doom and gloom" out of it. Great perspective!

    ReplyDelete