Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Titus John




Bekah and I went to the hospital yesterday at 8am, ready to have a baby (well she was, I was there for support). Unfortunately there was no room at the inn and so we waited until a room opened up and then they started moving things along around noonish. Flash forwards 12 hours and 19 minutes later and we had a little bundle of joy otherwise known as Titus John.
But what about those 12 hours? We watched the Olympics, surfed the net, read books, and coached lil' Titus to come out...which he eventually did with the help of the docs and a c-section due to his inability to continue to progress. (As a side bar, it is always so weird to be on the other side of the medical field as I have seen several c-sections, but it takes on a whole new meaning when it is your wife and child!)
But now we find him content as can be, just relaxing and looking around this big world with his big dark eyes as I wonder how this whole thing really does work. Seriously, he was just in my wife's body and grew from a couple cells to have tiny fingernails and eye lashes. Do other people freak out when they really think about what had just taken place?
And as I look at him I wonder what he is going to be like in 18 years?
Will he like to run? Will he think my jokes are funny? Will he want to go into the medical field? What will do with Jesus? Will he be as small as I was in high school? Will he be friends with children of my friends?
So much potential just bundled up in that little bundle of a person.
As I tend to do I race ahead of things, so for now Bekah is right when she tells me to just enjoy the moment as I am sure one day I will wonder how he grew up so fast...

To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.
~Titus 1:4

6 comments:

  1. Congrats! We are so happy for you guys. We can totally relate to all you questions and the miracle that it is. Sorry to hear Bekah had to have a C-section. Take care of Bekah and Titus. They will need some TLC and pampering for a while. As Bekah said enjoy every moment- as every day is different and a great adventure. As we have found out, your life will never be the same.

    Love and prayers,
    Dan & Deanne and Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is SO PRECIOUS!!!!! I wish so bad I could come see you guys in the hospital! It was so fun to get your phone call last night! I am so excited that little Titus and Garrison will have eachother to be buddies.

    It's amazing every time we have a baby that this little human was inside of me just hours ago. It's such a miracle!

    We love you guys and can't wait to meet Titus!

    Love,
    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! We've been on pins and needles! So thankful little Titus (love the name) made it safely here. Bekah, what a loonnng and emotional day!! Hope your recovery goes well!

    Congrats to both of you. And Aaron, Titus will definitely laugh at your jokes...guarenteed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!! We are SO excited for you...have been checking your blog daily for news! :) Praying that he and Bekah continue to do well as they recover and adjust. Hope you enjoy parent hood as much as we do...never a dull moment! :)
    Quinton and Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for both of you! He looks like he is already smiling at you Aaron. What a special time for all three of you.
    Take care!
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful, precious baby boy! We are just so thrilled for the both of you and praising the Lord with you for this incredible miracle. Will look forward to reading your thoughts as you embark on this new, wild and crazy adventure called parenthood!

    Much love from all of us,

    Jeff and Janet and kids

    ReplyDelete