Saturday, February 6, 2010

waiting...

We are officially 13 days away from the due date of our first child. The baby room is painted, the crib is up, the changing table is ready for action, we have a couple boxes of diapers, and I purchased several more cases of coffee for my upcoming sleepless nights.
Now we just wait.
Bekah is ready to have the baby as she battles all sorts of weird physical complaints such as swollen hands, which I have never experienced, but according to her is not fun.
I know that I have written about waiting in the past, but I am not a fan. I like to get things done promptly and efficiently. Few things feel better than a completed check list at the end of a Saturday.
But life is mostly about waiting for some expected in as we hear phrases about "joy in the journey" and "it's not the destination, but the journey" to remind us of this fact.
Maybe it is because I am engulfed in The Lord of the Rings with page after page of their journey to ultimately destroy the ring (hopefully I did not give away the ending), but God is teaching me that He does not waste anything as we see Frodo shaped by his journey and I trust that He is also shaping me in my journey as Bekah and I wait for a whole new chapter to open in our life...

1 comment: